I was looking to my 2013 photos, and I found this wonderful picture that I took in August 11, 2013, at 08:39pm, during an evening walking.
The colours are awesome! And it is the perfect photo for this post!
Thinking about 2013, I can think only in one word: grateful. Since P., I, and our cat Daniel arrived in Canada in September 2012, only this year we were able to calm down and enjoy life.
I am finishing this year happier, healthier, with peace on heart, and ready for 2014′s challenges and achievements!
I want to share with you 13 great things that happened in 2013:
- We are always improving our English, but we did it formally in our second semester at ESL classes, in the beginning of the year.
- On April, I took IELTS and got 7!
- I could travel to my home country after IELTS test to see my family and friends, but the travel was made specially to meet my Grandma as I promised when I left Brazil in 2012.
- Then, I started my Master Degree in Education – the main reason for being here in Canada.
- My husband found a part-time job, that was renewed as full-time job 4 months later.
- We moved to a newer house – a little far from the University, but better inside – where I spend the biggest part of the week.
- I took some photography classes, and now I am using my cameras on manual mode – so happy!
- I decided to keep the blog in which I share my experience here in Canada in Portuguese, and I gave me the gift that is this blog, with a great theme, to talk about me, my personal thoughts and beliefs. (I will improve it month by month!)
- I made some friends here, and I am happy with their friendship (one from Libya, one from China, and one Canadian).
- We traveled outside the city twice, and we want to do it more on Spring/Summer!
- We did lots of programs here in the city, and this is helping us to know it and love it each day more.
- We saw many, many sunrises and sunsets. This city’s sky is wonderful and the greatest I saw until now.
- We completed one year here in Canada, and we are happy and grateful for all we are learning here! Thanks Canada!
How about you? What were your 13 great things about 2013?
Have a terrific 2014, and thanks for stopping by!